Documentaries galore
I've been meaning to make a post about documentaries for quite some time now, but I kept forgetting.
In the past year or so, I've seen quite a few documentaries, between watching by myself, with friends, or with Bryan. They've covered all sorts of topics, from corporate histories and gay marriage to minimum wage and ballroom dancing. They've ranged from really terrible to amazingly effective. Here's a run-down of the ones I can remember at the moment:
Had good intentions, but was horribly executed:
Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price
Devil's Playground
Fairly good, although the film's subject wasn't very interesting to me personally:
Manufacturing Consent
Hearts and Minds
Effective, touching, and intelligent:
The Corporation
Spellbound
Tying the Knot
Various episodes of 30 Days (especially the ones about illegal immigrants and about Muslims & Christians)
Mad Hot Ballroom
Paperclips
Entertaining and hilarious, as well as interesting:
Slasher
Supersize Me
Tonight I'm watching one called Single White Male, so I'll have to add that later on.
Labels: movies
1 Comments:
Hey sorry I abruptly left messenger today... my computer booted me off for no good reason and then Grace was yelling at me to go to the park, so I did that.
Talk to you again soon. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home