9.16.2006

Unknown White Male

Oops, I messed up the title in my previous post.

It was pretty good. It was another documentary that had a good idea behind it but failed to really convince or captivate me. The film recounted the story of a man who woke up on the NYC subway with no idea who he was and no memory of his past. The only clues to his identity were his British accent and a phone number in his backpack. It was interesting for psychological reasons, but the editing was just obnoxious. I guess the swirly camera effects and distorted noises were supposed to help me sympathize with his confusion, but they just annoyed me. I was left with a bunch of questions at the end of the movie, anyway. It was decent though. I'd recommend it if you're interested in psychology or the nature of identity.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home