*sigh*
I didn't get the job. The higher-ups decided to give it to the student teacher of the woman who's leaving, simply to ease the transition. Part of me understands, but I'm also really upset. It would make the transition a little easier for six months, but then as soon as the next school year starts, I'd be in the same position as him. I honestly think I'm a better teacher than he is, and I think I'd fit into the English department so much better than he will.
I know I sound like a snob, and frankly, it's hard to not be bitter right now. I know I'll find something else and be happy in another school eventually, but it hurts to be told by several people that you're superior and impressive, and then to be pushed aside simply for the sake of convenience. It really hurts.
I'm at Laura's house right now, and I'm glad I could be with her when I found out the bad news. I was ten minutes from her house yesterday when my car broke down. I coasted into a gas station and called AAA for help. As the phone was ringing, my other line beeped, and that's when I got the news about the job. Wonderful timing. So now I'm waiting for a new water pump and timing belt for my car, which is going to be expensive. Gaaaaah.
This hasn't been the best 24 hours. I can't freaking wait for Bryan to come home tomorrow. I need his hugs more than anything right now.
1 Comments:
awh that sucks honey :( *hugs*
you could totally get a job in my school. if I had one that is.
like I said, when I rule this stoopid earth you can totally be my minister for education :)
Post a Comment
<< Home