12.06.2006

True confessions of a paranoid eater

I've noticed I'm becoming really anxious about nutrition when people around me are sick. When my co-op croaked hello to me this morning, I spun around, expecting to see an 80-year-old smoker sitting in her chair. My first thought (well, after "aww, sucks to be her!") was "Juice. I need to get some juice today."

And I was sure to remind myself of this need several times throughout the day. Eventually green tea was added to the mental list, and at the grocery store, I ended up buying some broccoli too. I'm obsessed. I hate getting sick, and I've convinced myself that vegetables and juice can totally prevent me from catching anything. Of course, I'm sure that eating well does make a difference, but it probably isn't as effective as I tell myself.

Speaking of green tea, can anybody recommend a good brand? I've never EVER been able to find boxed green tea that tastes anything like it does in Chinese restaurants. The Lipton stuff with honey is just plain awful.

But enough about food-related worry. I had my first teaching interview yesterday! It was at the school where I'm student teaching, for a position that's opening in January. The only interviewers were the principal and the English department chair, both of whom have already seen me teach. I felt pretty comfortable during the interview (although the couch I was sitting on was awkward and annoying) and I was happy with my answers. There were quite a few questions where I could pull things from my portfolio to support my answers. I think they were definitely impressed by that! My co-op really helped prepare me by suggesting what I should put in my portfolio. I'm hoping that put me ahead a bit.

So now I just have to wait to hear the results! I know of five people who interviewed, and I heard two will be recommended for a second interview. *crosses fingers* I'll keep you all posted!!

2 Comments:

At 2:07 AM, Blogger Sara Habein said...

Yogi Tea has some good varieties of green tea. All of their stuff in general is good.

 
At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JUICE!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home