Everything is Illuminated
Everything is Illuminated is one of the most beautifully filmed movies I've seen in a long time. The setting is gorgeous, the characters are endearing, and the central storyline is strange and universally familiar at the same time. After watching it, I'm left with a combination of yearning, sorrow, and elation. It has the haunting spiritual grab of Brokeback Mountain and the multi-emotional ending of Garden State. You must go rent it. You'll understand after you see it.
Labels: movies
3 Comments:
I am so glad you loved this movie like me. Alex is the lead singer of Gogol Bordello, one of the CDs I gave you as a farewell present. But more importantly, run out and read this book. Like yesterday. The movie is wonderful but the book is so much more, I cannot even express it.
So get on that and get your hands on a copy. I proclaim it.
No way!!! I LOVED Alex! Like, in a squealy sort of way! That's so funny.
Yes, I will definitely read the book. I'm sure it's amazing. Btw Laura, I'm buying you a new copy of The Poisonwood Bible because I've been carting yours around everywhere I go, and it's looking pretty... loved. Haha.
I liked this movie a lot too, though I haven't read the book
Post a Comment
<< Home