5.15.2007

Exemplars?

I thought it was about time that I posted examples of some of my students' writing. I'm not posting them because they are excellent or because they are unique -- only because they are hilarious. Purely hilarious. True, it might be a tad unethical for me to reproduce their work online, but eh, who cares.

Last week, I had my 8th graders freewrite about what they would choose to bring with them if they were forced to go into hiding for a year. We're reading the play version of The Diary of Anne Frank, and I wanted the prompt to get my kids to think about what's most important to them. I think the following response perfectly sums up the average pre-teen boy's thinking:
I would take many things to the place I'm going. If it had electricity, I would take a PSP and a charger, wal-mart, guitar hero, tv, cable, cell phone, computer, fridge, and lights. Other things I would use are water, food, lacrosse stick, paintball gun, mp3 player, shotgun, grenades, toothbrush, radio, matches, air freshner, couple of girls, and last of all movies and comcast digital player! And a cat.

The following is an excerpt from a research paper about concentration camps:
When you hear the word concentration camp you may think oh, camp, that sounds like fun. Well it's not that kind of camp you're thinking of. These camps were where people go to get tortured and killed.

Does "inappropriate" even begin to describe that one?

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger Jess Bird-Bellis said...

oh. my. gosh.

there are no other words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home